In this episode of the IoT Product Leadership podcast, we discuss how How to Reduce Risk and Increase Trust in IoT products.
My guest today is Dan Olsen, an expert Product consultant and author of The Lean Product Playbook.
In this episode, Dan describes the concept of product/market fit, and how companies large and small can apply this concept to create successful IoT products.
Subscribe on iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Google Play
Episode Details: How to Achieve Product/Market Fit with Dan Olsen
“When you have a connected product, you can get so much analytics that as a manager you can use to have a feedback loop to ask questions, get insights, and come up with a hypothesis. So our ability, because of that data to rapidly improve the product just was tremendous.” – Dan Olsen
About Dan Olsen:
Dan Olsen is a product management consultant and author. Dan wrote the bestseller The Lean Product Playbook, a practical guide for how to achieve product-market fit.
At Olsen Solutions, he works with companies to build great products and strong product teams, often as interim VP of Product. His clients include Facebook, Box, PayPal, Walmart, and Gartner.
Prior to consulting, Dan was a product management leader at Intuit. Dan also founded the monthly Lean Product Silicon Valley Meetup which has over 7,500 members.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Dan shares his background and about Olsen Consulting.
- The Lean Product Playbook and what is Product/Market Fit.
- The Lean Product Process.
- Indicators that a company needs to revisit how they build Products.
- The importance of Analytics within software products and how that translates into the hardware world through IoT.
- The common challenges you see when companies are starting to implement these concepts and how to help them.
- Advice for Product Leaders who are new at developing IoT solutions.
To learn more about Dan and Olsen Consulting:
- Dan Olsen
- The Lean Product Playbook
- Lean Product Silicon Valley Meetup
- Dan on Twitter @danolsen
- Dan on LinkedIn