Your B2B Innovation Journey Starts Here
If you’re reading this, chances are you landed on my site because you’re looking for help around B2B Innovation and Product Management.
You might feel overwhelmed by the complexity of launching new Enterprise Software or IoT solutions to market. Or maybe you have spent countless hours searching the web for “the right way” to approach your product, only to find conflicting methods or useless advice.
You might be confused about how to select a target market or how to research the needs of your customers. Maybe you’re frustrated because most innovation and strategy literature focuses on B2C, and you are tired of hearing about A/B testing or MVPs since those rarely apply to your Enterprise product.
Whether you’re looking to get clarity on how to approach B2B innovation or you’re looking for field-tested tools and techniques to increase your product’s chance of success, you’ve come to the right place!
My name is Daniel Elizalde. I’m a Product Executive turned Author and Advisor. I help B2B Product Managers become confident in their ability to lead innovation.
With over 20 years of experience in industries ranging from Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Telecommunications, e-commerce, and Renewable Energy, I know what it takes to build Enterprise software and IoT products.
I’ve done it at startups and big companies alike, including in my role as Head of Products at Stem (AI-powered energy storage startup in Silicon Valley) and VP, Head of IoT at Ericsson.
I’ve also coached companies, big and small, and trained over 1,500 product leaders worldwide through my unique online courses, corporate workshops, and classes at Stanford University.
- Russell Sprole, Entrepreneur
The course is fantastic! Daniel does an excellent job breaking down the incredibly complex world of IoT in a very clear and concise way.
- Rob Tiffany, VP of Strategy at Ericsson
"When it comes to product leadership, Daniel is the best in the business. I’ve had the great fortune to work with him and benefited greatly from his thoughts on product innovation. Luckily, he’s put that wisdom into the book you’re holding in your hands. Needless to say, Daniel’s new book will be a constant companion as I build my next enterprise software product.”
- Rob Fitzpatrick, Entrepreneur and Author of The Mom Test
“A beautifully clear and coherent guide to the murky early days of building enterprise products. Elizalde has done a wonderful job of making his hard-won wisdom available and actionable to the next generation of B2B innovators and product leaders. I very much wish I’d had this book in hand throughout my whole career.”
- Tendayi Viki, Author of Pirates In The Navy
"With this book, Daniel Elizalde has crafted a much-needed guide on how to build a B2B business from scratch. Building a B2B business can be a challenging undertaking but Daniel is a world-class expert on the topic. Future B2B entrepreneurs are lucky to be able to tap into Daniel's expertise and to have this book to guide them toward their first ten customers."
- Eric Simone, Co-Founder and CEO at ClearBlade, Inc.
“Fabulous real-world examples from a person who has been there, done that. Daniel Elizalde has created an excellent guide for anyone navigating the treacherous waters of building enterprise software. I wish I had this book 10 years ago, it would have saved me from lots of pain!”
- David Bland, Coauthor of Testing Business Ideas
“Daniel has a unique blend of lean experimentation skills combined with both the worlds of software and hardware. He iterates through complex B2B solutions while speaking in terms that people understand.”
- Miguel Morales, IoT Sales and Product Lead, Microsoft
“In today’s fast-paced world of software product innovation, where everything is possible and ‘starchitects’ hold sway, it is so easy to disregard even core tenets of innovation discipline as impractical or assumed. And yet, how much time are we spending revisiting the fundamentals on products we are pushing to scale?
This book is a fast, fun, and highly referenceable reminder that experience cannot possibly replace good strategy in early product design.”
- Bill Schmarzo, Author, Data Management Innovation at Dell Technologies"Daniel brings a pragmatic, step-by-step, real-world-based framework for corralling innovation to not only win over those first 10 customers, but to put the product development process on the proper trajectory to drive repeatability and scale.”
- Rich Mironov, CEO and "smokejumper" CPO"In “The B2B Innovator’s Map,” Daniel Elizalde takes us through the strategies and complexities of delivering value to not just one customer – who may have unique problems – but our first ten customers. This sets the stage for the growth and massive profitability that our companies need. This is a book that every B2B strategist, product manager, investor and company founder needs."
- Wayne Irwin, Vice President of Operations, Ericsson
“In The B2B Innovator’s Map, Daniel provides a wonderfully simple and easy-to-follow guide for launching new enterprise software products. If you follow the steps described in this book, you will understand the process needed to achieve the success you envisioned when you started your journey.
Daniel not only teaches the correct steps, but he also identifies the pitfalls you need to stay away from, along with examples of each.”
- Gebrin Gebrin, Marketing Manager“Daniel Elizalde is a great instructor. I highly recommend this course for any professional who wants to be successful in IoT."
- Gwendoline Tuma, Sr PM“As a product manager, this course not only helped me become a better leader within my organization, but a better product manager overall.”
Throughout my career, I’ve identified the pain points B2B companies experience when bringing new products to market, and I’ve created field-tested frameworks that provide a structured approach to innovation—ensuring you avoid blind spots and can build digital products with confidence.
I know that innovation can be daunting, and it’s not for the faint of heart. Believe me, I’ve been there. The good news is you don’t have to do it alone. I’m here for you and will guide you every step of the way.
Ready to get started?
I recommend getting started by checking out these FREE resources for B2B PMs.
I’ll talk to you soon!
Note: The views expressed on this site, including articles, podcast episodes, and courses, are my own. They do not represent the views of any of my employers, current or past.