In this episode of the IoT Product Leadership podcast, we discuss the challenges of IoT adoption in established companies.
My guest today is Miguel Morales, VP or IoT at Parker Hannifin. In this episode, we discuss how Parker, a 100-year old company, is leveraging IoT to complement their core business initiatives.
We also talk about the organizational challenges companies face when launching IoT products and the internal challenges they face to foster adoption of their IoT initiatives.
In addition, Miguel shares with us the skills he looks for in Product Managers and other Product professionals.
Subscribe on iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Google Play
Episode details: IoT Adoption – Lessons from a 100-Year-Old Company
About Miguel Morales:
Miguel A. Morales is currently the Vice President of the Internet of Things for Parker Hannifin Corporation, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
He began his Parker career as the Director of the Internet of Things (IoT) in 2016 to lead the company’s digital transformation of industrial markets. He was promoted to Vice President of IoT in 2018.
Before Parker, Miguel worked in the IoT software and semiconductor industries in roles ranging from applications engineering through marketing and business development. Miguel earned his Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Colorado State University and an Executive MBA from Baylor Hankamer School of Business.
About Parker Hannifin:
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker’s engineering expertise and a broad range of core technologies uniquely position the company to help solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Miguel shares his background and role as VP of IoT at Parker Hannifin.
- How do you tie IoT initiatives back to the core business of your company
- What are some of the organizational and change management challenges when working towards IoT adoption
- How to communicate to other Executives the return on investment of an IoT initiative?
- How do you set a “reasonable expectations of progress?”
- How to address the talent gap in IoT? (what is it and what has been your approach to breach it?)
Learn more about Miguel and Parker Hannifin:
- Connect with Miguel on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Parker Hannifin
- Learn more about Parker’s IoT initiatives
- Smart Work Truck: The Role of IoT in Building Smarter Work Solutions
- IoT Solutions Reduce Time and Cost for Solar Panel Inspection
- 8 Reasons You Can’t Afford to Ignore Condition Monitoring
- How to Easily Connect Users to the Digital Plant