In this episode of the Enterprise Product Leadership podcast, join me as I chat with Teresa Torres about her new book Continuous Discovery Habits.
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | Spotify
Episode Details – Continuous discovery habits with Teresa Torres
Today we are joined by expert discovery coach and prominent thought leader on the topic of product discovery, Teresa Torres!
Teresa is the author of the powerful new book, Continuous Discovery Habits, and in our conversation, we dig into some of the most impactful components of the book, as well as some great examples that showcase her frameworks work in real-life situations.
Teresa shares the discovery process she uses when working with clients, and we spend some time on the concepts of product trios and opportunity solutions trees, which are both powerful ideas from Teresa’s book.
She also gives great recommendations for how product leaders can get started with the project of continuous discovery and we also get to hear from her about what the new landscape of digital products requires from professionals in the field.
This is an episode that no Product Leader should miss!
About Teresa Torres
Teresa Torres is an internationally acclaimed author, speaker, and coach. She teaches a structured and sustainable approach to continuous discovery that helps product teams infuse their daily product decisions with customer input. She’s coached hundreds of teams at companies of all sizes, from early-stage start-ups to global enterprises, in a variety of industries. She has taught over 7,000 product people discovery skills through the Product Talk Academy. She’s the author of the upcoming book Continuous Discovery Habits and blogs at ProductTalk.org.
Key points from this episode
- A little about Teresa’s work and what being a product discovery coach entails.
- Teresa’s recent book and the teams of product trios it is aimed at.
- Unpacking the idea of the product trio and why Teresa’s framework can help teams succeed.
- Focusing on natural ways that people collaborate and breaking bad business habits.
- Shifting the goal away from efficiency and recalibrating according to the new world of digital products.
- Scaling the idea of the product trio as things grow; a look at the example of Netflix.
- Getting to grips with the concept of the ‘opportunity solution tree’ from Teresa’s book.
- Balancing customer and business needs; how to separate internal and external priorities.
- Building fewer, higher-quality products, that better serve your ideal client!
- Application of the ‘opportunity solution tree’ and the theoretical requirements to get started.
- Best practices for B2B product companies; automation, getting attention, and then leveraging it.
- Re-organizing and improvement in order to facilitate increased continuous discovery.
- Useful resources for product leaders trying to catch up on continuous discovery!
To learn more about Teresa Torres
Want to learn more?
- Sign up for my newsletter at DanielElizalde.com/Join for weekly advice and best practices directly to your inbox!
- Visit DanielElizalde.com/Podcast for additional information, show notes, and all episodes.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss out on any of my conversations with Product and Thought Leaders!