Subscribe on iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Tunein | Google Play
About this episode: The Power of Edge Computing in IIoT Applications
About Aaron Allsbrook:
Aaron Allsbrook, ClearBlade CTO and product visionary for the ClearBlade Platform and EDGE brings decades of application tooling development and runtime experience to the emerging technologies in the Internet of Things. Early on, Aaron engineered software at IBM building scalable performant platforms for developers to design, develop, and execute modern workloads. As a practitioner, Aaron began working in the field with enterprises to enable cutting-edge solutions while leveraging existing technical assets. Today he provides a depth of expertise necessary to understand the challenges, opportunities, and transitions required for large Enterprises to engage with the IoT.
ClearBlade is the Edge Computing software company enabling enterprises to rapidly engineer and run secure, real-time, scalable IoT applications.
ClearBlade was built for the enterprise from the ground up to run securely in any cloud, on-premise and at the edge. ClearBlade enables companies to ingest, analyze, adapt and act on any data in real-time and at extreme scale. Unleash your data at the edge by leveraging local compute, artificial intelligence and actionable visualizations while integrating with any enterprise system – all from a single platform.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Aaron shares his background and his role at ClearBlade.
- We discuss Aaron and ClearBlade approach Industrial IoT solutions.
- The power of edge computing in IIoT applications.
- Advice on how to approach MVP and pilot projects.
- How the railroad industry is leveraging IoT.
- Advice for Product Leaders who are new to developing IoT solutions.
Learn more about Aaron and ClearBlade:
- IoT Decision Framework for Product Managers
- 7 IoT Business Models That Are Transforming industries
- An IoT Primer for Product Managers