Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | Spotify
Episode details: Cybersecurity in Industry 4.0: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, with Rob Dyson
I have a fascinating show for you today. My guest is Rob Dyson. Rob has decades of experience in the security space, and he is currently the Global OT and IoT Security Services Business Development Leader at IBM!
In this episode, Rob and I had a wide-ranging conversation about the impacts of cyber security in Industry 4.0 transformations, including:
- How cybersecurity can derail an Industry 4.0 transformation
- What is driving cybersecurity risks in Manufacturing
- How companies can create a culture of cybersecurity
- And much more
This is my second episode in collaboration with IBM, and it is an information-packed episode that no product leader should miss!
About Rob Dyson
With more than 30 years of experience in the Information Technology field, Rob Dyson has held technical and leadership positions while providing IT services for many companies within multiple industries. Rob is currently the Global OT/IoT Security Services Business Leader within IBM’s Global Security Services practice. He is responsible for building, operating, and maturing our OT/IoT security business to help companies mitigate their OT & IoT cyber risks.
- Rob has experience gained from serving some of the largest global companies in multiple industries. He has served as the Client Executive for some of IBM’s most strategic clients.
- Prior to this role, Rob served as the Global SSRC (Security, Strategy, Risk & Compliance) Competency Leader whereby he was responsible for developing unique and relevant solutions to assist clients in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their information security program. This includes designing solutions to establish relevant information security strategies, comprehensive IT governance processes, redesigning security organizations, effective security policy management and governance processes, and compliance with leading security standards/frameworks and regulations. In addition, Rob has been at the forefront of delivering leading IT GRC solutions based on market-leading IT GRC applications such as OpenPages ITG, RSA Archer, and SAP GRC.
- Prior to joining IBM, Rob held senior leadership positions at Accenture as the Global Leader for Application & Infrastructure Security Services; at Deloitte as the Mid-America Region Leader for Security Services; at Electronic Data Systems (EDS) in positions of escalating responsibility providing IT professional services; and as an Officer in the U.S. Army where at the rank of Captain he was in charge of the 82nd Airborne Division Data Center Operations.
- Rob is an active CISSP and has a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems Management from Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
To learn more about Rob Dyson and IBM’s approach to cybersecurity in Industry 4.0
- Rob Dyson on LinkedIn
- Monitor and secure industrial operations
- ABB and IBM Bolster cybersecurity for industrial operations
- Make cybersecurity a core element of your Industry 4.0 roadmap
- Learn how Industry 4.0 technologies are changing Manufacturing
- Get started with the visibility of your OT & IT assets
Want to learn more?
- Sign up for my newsletter at DanielElizalde.com/Join for weekly advice and best practices directly to your inbox!
- Visit DanielElizalde.com/Podcast for additional information, show notes, and all episodes.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, so you don’t miss out on any of my conversations with Product and Thought Leaders!