Subscribe on iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Tunein | Google Play
Episode details: Behind the scenes of the Samsung ARTIK IoT Platform
About Vish Pai:
Vish Pai leads Samsung’s ARTIK end-to-end IoT Cloud Platform, managing IoT product portfolios across complete software lifecycle including embedded software, cloud platform, and user applications. Vish has 10+ years of diverse experience working at Fortune 500 companies and growth-stage start-ups, as well as B2C and B2B product companies.
Before Samsung, he managed Ayla’s end-to-end IoT platform. Vish has six patents filed and one issued in the Internet of things device and cloud management areas. Before transitioning to product management, he worked as a Senior Development Engineer at Amazon Lab126, where he led wireless software stack for Kindle e-ink and Kindle Fire tablets. Vish started his career at Infosys Technologies Limited as a Software Engineer.
Vish holds an MBA degree in Entrepreneurship and General Management from the University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business. Vish holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from VTU, India and an M.S. degree in computer engineering from North Carolina State University, USA.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Vish shares his background and how he got to be where he is today.
- We go behind the scenes of the Samsum ARTIKplatformaform.
- How to approach IoT solutions.
- The biggest challenges in managing the end-to-end software stack.
- Team organization.
- How to achieve alignment of vision and execution across teams.
- How to plan and coordinate with hardware teams.
- Advice for Product Leaders who are new to developing IoT solutions.
More about Vish and the Samsung ARTIK IoT Platform:
- Samsung ARTIK
- Samsung ARTIK Cloud
- Samsung ARTIK end-to-end IoT
- Samsung IoT Channel
- Connect with Vish via LinkedIn