In this episode of the IoT Product Leadership podcast, we discuss how artificial intelligence is powering the Internet of Things.
My guest is Keith Strier, Global Leader of Artificial Intelligence at EY. This is the second time I have a guest from EY in my show. In episode 16, I interviewed Aleksander Poniewierski, Global Head of IoT for EY, so I’m very excited to have this conversation with Keith to learn how EY balances their IoT and AI practices.
In this episode, Keith shares an introduction to Artificial Intelligence and the impact it is having in many industries around the world. We also discuss how IoT and AI leverage each other to deliver customer value. And we discuss the concept of Trust in an increasingly automated and intelligent world. This is an episode no Product Leader should miss.
Subscribe on iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Google Play
Episode details: How Artificial Intelligence is Powering the Internet of Things
“The reason we now have the possibility for self-driving cars is that we finally figured out that it was impossible to hard-wire a computer to drive a car anticipating every possible scenario it may face on the road. The solution was not to design a car that can drive, but to design one that could learn to drive.”
– Keith Strier
About Keith Strier:
Keith is the EY Global and Americas Advisory Leader for Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Global Digital Leader for EY’s Technology Sector Practice. Keith is the principal author of EY’s Governmental AI, Conversational AI Design and Trusted AI frameworks, as well as a frequent keynote speaker, published blogger and Forbes Contributing Author. Keith is a trusted advisor to public and private sector organizations on a wide variety of emerging and disruptive technologies.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients, and for our communities.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Keith shares his background and about EY.
- How Keith approaches Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- What AI is, and which disciplines it encompasses.
- How AI relates to an IoT solution and how it enables the delivery of value to a customer.
- How to get started implementing AI solutions.
- Managing trust within intelligent systems, and considering the effects within the real world.
- Advice for Product Leaders who are new at developing IoT solutions.
To learn more about Keith and EY:
- IoT Decision Framework for Product Managers
- 7 IoT Business Models That Are Transforming Industries
- An IoT Primer for Product Managers