I had the opportunity to be a guest in the Product Experience podcast by Mind the Product, and I’d like to share that interview with you.
This was a particularly exciting episode for me since I’ve had a long history of collaboration with Mind the Product.
In case you don’t know about MTP (and you should), they are the top organization pushing forward the Product Management profession around the world.
I’ve known MTP for a long time. I used to run the San Francisco ProductTank for some time, I’ve taught IoT workshops at their San Francisco and London conferences, and I’ve been featured in their blog many times. I consider them my PM family.
The team at MTP recently launched their new podcast: The Product Experience, and as you can imagine, I was very excited to participate.
In this interview, I talk about the complexities of managing IoT products, including the skills you need and the different perspectives PMs need to consider when they work for a startup vs. a big enterprise.
Here’s what you will learn in this interview
- What is IoT Product Management, and how is it different from managing other types of products?
- What areas does an IoT PM need to consider?
- What about ethics and security in IoT?
- How is the role of a PM vs. head of Products different in IoT?
- How is decision making different in startups vs. big companies?
- Is IoT just hype (or what does the current adoption look like)?
- What does IoT mean for the future of Product Management
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!