In this episode of the IoT Product Leadership podcast, we discuss how Product Leaders can build strong partnerships with design and engineering teams. My guests today are Deanna Shaw, Director of Design for the Internet of Things at IBM Watson IoT, and Roxy Stimpson, Vice President and CTO at IoT World Labs.
Subscribe on iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Google Play
Roxy and Deanna are IoT Executives leading Engineering and Design departments for their companies and our discussion revolves around what other departments expect from the Product Management team and how we can partner with Design and Engineering teams to build the best possible IoT product for our customers.
We are really looking for a very collaborative type of experience where we all at the very end come out with a common understanding of what the goal is on an end-to-end use-case for the client.
Building IoT products can be very complex, in part because we have a lot more moving parts, ranging from hardware, and device software, all the way to cloud applications. Having more pieces of the puzzle means more teams need to get involved throughout the development lifecycle. Having strong partnerships with design and engineering departments can be the difference between success and failure in this era of the connected device.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Deanna shares her background and about IBM Watson.
- Roxy shares her background and about IoT World Labs.
- What other departments expect from the PM team.
- How to build a strong partnership with design and engineering to build the best possible IoT products for customers.
- What makes a good partnership between design, engineering, and PM teams.
- Deanna and Roxy share their advice for people who are new to working on IoT Products.